Monday, February 04, 2008

Remixfight!

I've kind of stepped in and taken over the admin duties at Remixfight!, mostly because I refuse to see it die a slow and painful death. Again. When it first began, it suffered from a lack of administrative oversight after the first few fights, and I stepped in and took it over. This was around 2004. Collectively, we (the community) brought it back from the brink. Then, we got hacked by some malicious virus that took the site down, and Future Boy rebuilt it into what it looks like today. He put in his time, and now I'm back to putting in mine.

This month, we're featuring The Grammar Club, a bunch of really talented guys, some of whom are friends of mine and some of whom I've never met but seem like cool and talented guys. You can remix their new song Balloon Flight by getting the source files here. Go grab some grammar club and cuss like a sailor!

I also did a recent remix of Brooklyn's finest, Clarance Boddyker, mashing up one of his pellas with a backing track by Sippy Cup. Check out Silly - Boddyker vs. Sippy Cup, as I try to play peacemaker over at ccmixter.

Enjoy.

No comments: